I am passionate about helping each of us listen to and be guided by our soul. But, like many of us, my life wasn’t always so overtly spiritual. Actually, I spent most of my life in the left side of my brain – focusing on logic, proof, and anything black and white. I received a degree in Technical Editing and Sociology with plans to become a statistician. I spent several years working for a publication that focused on debunking spiritual/mystic claims and several more working as a technical editor, but I just didn’t feel fulfilled.
In October of 2010, I experienced a spiritual awakening. (The complete story is detailed in my upcoming book, Coming Back to Life: How An Unlikely Friend Helped Me Reclaim My True Spirit.) Because of this, I slowly began to open up to the miracles that had always been all around me. And in doing so, my entire life changed – it became brighter and filled with love. I now know that we are never alone, we are always taken care of, and all of the answers – every single thing we need to know about our time here on Earth – have always been inside of us.
I have made it my life mission to continue growing spiritually while sharing what I have learned through my writing. I believe that my higher self helps me write each day. I am learning right along with all of you – pushing past my own fears and showing up here authentically and vulnerably – and I am so glad that we are helping each other on this wonderful journey.
Some Other Things About Me:
- I co-wrote the bestselling Soulful Journals series with my awesome husband, Dan Teck. We created these 12 journals as a way to make going within fun and enjoyable. We are avid journalers ourselves, and we wanted to offer tools and inspirational questions to help everyone get to know themselves better. The topics include gratitude, introspection, life transitions, relationships, and manifesting your ideal life. We are thrilled that the response toward them has been so positive – we have sold thousands of them all around the world!
- I co-founded the eco gift company, This Is It! Creations with my husband in 2005. We designed and created over 500 products – ranging from jewelry to candles to journals – and sold them to hundreds of stores and thousands of retail customers.
- I am the author of the upcoming book, Coming Back to Life: How An Unlikely Friend Helped Me Reclaim My True Spirit – a metaphysical memoir about my transformation from skeptic to believer after some amazing, beautiful, and mystical events occurred. It’s a book that I am both excited and afraid to write, but it’s a story and a message that I feel called to share. Stay tuned for details!
- I’m an INFJ in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I’m a 1 in the Enneagram.
- I’m possibly the sappiest person you’ll ever meet. I love romantic movies. If I see someone else crying (whether I know them or not), I will start crying. I’m intuitive, sensitive, and empathetic. I wear my heart on my sleeve and tend to surround myself with people who do the same.
- I am pretty shy and introverted. I can “fake it” pretty well (most of the time), but I’ve been this way my entire life. It’s only in the last several years that I’ve embraced it and seen the beautiful gifts that have come with it. I’m pushing through my fears and realizing that I can handle more than I thought I could.
- I don’t have it all figured out. Not even close. But I do try to put one foot in front of the other each day, stay aware of my thoughts, and stay open to the magic that this universe continues to bring.
- I love my husband more than I could ever convey here. He is my dream come true. When we met, my soul finally found a place to call home. (I told you I was sappy! You can read about our love story here.)
- I live in southern Oregon. We moved here on a “feeling.” I had never even been to Oregon, but I knew that this is where I needed to be. (Thankfully, when you work from home, you can just pick up and go.) That was three years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It’s absolutely breathtaking here. Definitely my forever home.
- I am the proud mama to a sweet Norwegian Elkhound (Xena) and 3 kitties (Biddle, Buncom, and Elsie). They are all more dear to me than I could ever express here.
- I love all animals and am a proud vegetarian. I get asked a lot about what I eat, and so I started a food blog about it here.
The connections that I have made here mean the world to me. I cherish each of you so much. The fact that we all continue to show up and be vulnerable and authentic blows my mind (in a good way).
I believe that we are each on our own path of awakening, and there is so much we can offer each other in terms of love and support. If we haven’t connected yet – and you would like to – please reach out and introduce yourself. I would love to hear where you are in your journey.