Welcome! I’m so glad that you’re here!
My name is Jodi Chapman, and I am a soulful author, blogger, and publisher. I write from my heart, and it’s my hope that by spending time here, you’ll feel yourself slowing down and connecting more fully to your soul. ♥
I am passionate about helping each of us listen to and be guided by our soul. But, like many of us, my life wasn’t always so overtly spiritual. Actually, I spent most of my life in the left side of my brain – focusing on logic, proof, and anything black and white. I received a degree in Technical Editing and Sociology with plans to become a statistician. I spent several years working for a publication that focused on debunking spiritual/mystic claims and several more working as a technical editor, but I just didn’t feel fulfilled.
In 2010, everything changed for me when a loved one who had recently crossed over began communicating with me from the other side. I wasn’t open to this at all, and it took quite a bit of coaxing from him to help me believe that it was really happening and also be comfortable with it. Eventually I did, though. And through his love and support, I slowly began to open up to the miracles that had always been all around me. I began connecting and listening to my own soul more and more – that part of me who is always connected to all that is. In doing so, my entire life changed – it became brighter and filled with love.
This was the start of my spiritual journey, and I love that in the years since, I’ve grown more and more trusting and more and more open. While I am still the same person as I was before, this opening up has allowed me to discover my authentic self – my soul self. It’s helped me really see how we are never alone, we are always taken care of, and all of the answers – every single thing we need to know about our time here on Earth – have always been inside of us. In knowing this, I’ve been able to gain confidence in myself and my place in the world, and been able to create a life that feels like home.
In 2011, I started a blog to share some of the miracles that I was experiencing and also to invite others along the soulful journey with me. Writing and sharing in this way helped me invite my soul family into my life, which I treasure so much. There’s something truly special when we get to connect with others who understand what we’re experiencing and who can cheer us on along the way. (In 2016, I celebrated my 5-year blogging anniversary and shared this post about it.)
In 2014, my soul asked me to spend a year in silence. At first, this seemed absolutely crazy to me and not doable at all. At the time, I made a living as a business/soul coach and needed to speak in order to continue this. I woke up one morning, though, and I couldn’t get out of bed. My body was too tired to move, which really scared me. I found out that I had extreme adrenal fatigue and was bedridden for the better part of two years to heal from it. Needless to say, I agreed to the year of silence because I wanted to feel better and because I couldn’t imagine speaking ever again – I was so tired and fried. I stopped coaching. I stopped doing telesummits and radio interviews. I stopped talking to clients and friends and family (except my husband and my mom). I gave myself an entire year (which ended up being much more than that) to be quiet and to see what was underneath all of the noise. I learned so much during this time and am still processing and fully integrating this experience. I am so grateful to my soul for asking me to do this. My life is forever changed because of it. (I write much more about this journey in my upcoming book, A Year of Silence.)
In late 2015, my husband, Dan Teck, and I realized one of our biggest dreams by moving to the Oregon coast. We both feel completely at home at the ocean, and its loving and powerful energy nourishes and heals me unlike anything else. I feel so blessed that I get to wake up each morning and hear the ocean’s waves. I love putting my feet in the sand and picking up seashells on our walks. I love that my soul urged me to make this move, and that I eventually listened and took the leap.
During this journey over the last few years, I’ve learned that when I listen to my soul and align with it, life flows beautifully. When I share my true self with others, life flows beautifully. When I honor my own needs and take care of myself, life flows beautifully. When I remain connected with the universe, life flows beautifully. I love that so much.
My soul has been with me through each part of my journey, and I am passionate about sharing this journey here because I want to show that dreams really do come true, that miracles truly are all around us, and that our lives really are a direct reflection of our choices. I have experienced firsthand how much my life changed when I started listening to my soul, and it’s my hope that my words will inspire others to embrace their own soul as well and to begin really listening to it and doing what it asks (even if it doesn’t make sense).
I went from being a closed off skeptic who was making a living doing something that I didn’t believe in, to a soulful writer who lives at the beach with my best friend and spends each day consciously connected to more love than I ever imagined was out there. A beautiful, loving life is possible. For every single one of us. I’m living proof of that, and it’s what I wish for each of us. It’s my hope that we’ll soar together!
Some Other Things About Me:
- I am SO excited to have have co-created the 365 Book Series: Collaborative Books with Soul! I love bringing so many people together with the intention of helping others, and these books definitely do that! I would love for you to join us – as a reader, a contributor, or both!
- I co-wrote the bestselling Soulful Journals series with my awesome husband, Dan Teck. We created these 16 journals as a way to make going within fun and enjoyable. We are avid journalers ourselves, and we wanted to offer tools and inspirational questions to help everyone get to know themselves better. The topics include gratitude, introspection, life transitions, relationships, and manifesting your ideal life. We are thrilled that the response toward them has been so positive – we have sold over 30,000 of them all around the world!
- I am a Certified Law of Attraction Practitioner. I truly do believe that our thoughts become our reality, and I love helping others shift their vibrations up!
- My husband and I have worked for ourselves since 2005. We co-founded an eco-gift company then and designed and created over 500 products – ranging from jewelry to candles to journals. We sold them to hundreds of stores and thousands of retail customers, which led us to writing our books in a roundabout way. We now focus solely on writing and publishing, which is what I truly love. Being my own boss is something that I wake up each morning and feel so grateful for. I love that I get to stay home with Dan each day. It’s a dream come true for sure.
- I’m possibly the sappiest person you’ll ever meet. I love romantic movies. If I see someone else crying (whether I know them or not), I will start crying. I’m intuitive, sensitive, and empathetic. I wear my heart on my sleeve and tend to surround myself with people who do the same.
- I am pretty shy and introverted. I’ve been this way my entire life, and it’s only in the last several years that I’ve embraced it and seen the beautiful gifts that have come with it.
- I don’t have it all figured out. Not even close. But I do try to put one foot in front of the other each day, stay aware of my thoughts, and stay open to the magic that this universe continues to bring.
- I love my husband more than I could ever convey here. He is my dream come true. When we met, my soul finally found a place to call home. (I told you I was sappy! You can read about our love story here.)
- I moved to Oregon in 2009 on a “feeling.” I had never even been here, but I knew that this is where I needed to be. (Thankfully, when you work from home, you can just pick up and go.) It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. And in late 2015, I moved to the Oregon coast, which has been a long-held dream of mine. It’s absolutely breathtaking here. Definitely my forever home.
- I am the proud mama of 3 kitties (Biddle, Buncom, and Elsie) and many sweet animal angels, including my beloved dog-ter, Xena.
- I love all animals and am a proud vegetarian.
- I stopped eating wheat and sugar in October of 2012. And while it’s been an interesting journey, I’m so happy to be putting healthy food into my body! I am completely addicted to my Vitamix. 🙂
Things That May Surprise You:
- I love to laugh. While I am a pretty serious soul, I do have a good sense of humor and can be pretty silly at times. I love watching comedies and listening to Dan’s puns and watching my cats be silly. I love to dance and play games and just allow myself to feel light and free.
- I am petite. Whenever I tell someone from the online world that I’m just shy of 5’3″, they seem surprised. I love being this size – it’s the only size I’ve ever known (well, at least as an adult). 😉
- I consciously changed my eye color. When I was growing up, I was upset with my dad and didn’t want us to have the same color of eyes. So I prayed and prayed that they would be turned from brown to green. It took some time, but eventually they started to change. Today, they are a light green/sage color that I truly love. I’m reminded every day how powerful we truly are.
- Speaking of manifesting, in 2001 I brought Dan into my life sort-of consciously. Again, I prayed to have a best friend – someone who “got” me and loved me for me. I met him 2 weeks later, and we’ve been inseparable ever since. (I thought I was asking for a best girlfriend, but the universe had someone else in mind!) 😉
How I Connect With My Soul:
- I write. I close my eyes, put my hands on the keyboard, and trust that what comes out is exactly what’s meant to come out. I ask my brain to step aside for the moment and invite my soul to take over.
- I create. This can take many forms – from playing around in PhotoShop to drawing spirals with my SpiroGraph Kit to coming up with a new recipe. Anything that gets me into the right side of my brain connects me immediately to my soul.
- I take dark showers. Pitch black. No candle, no light. Just the water and me. It’s a perfect way to end the day – to wash away everyone else’s energy and just be left with my own. It brings me closer to my soul and all of the universe.
- I laugh and give myself permission to feel joyful.
- I get still. And quiet. And spend a lot of time alone. It’s during these times that I can hear my soul’s whispers.
- I talk to my spirit guides, angels, and loved ones who are on the other side. I ask them to support me, to send me signs, and to help light the way.
- I trust myself and the universe. I embrace faith, and this leads me straight to my soul.
How We Can Connect:
I feel very blessed to have met some truly amazing souls along this journey. I love knowing that so many of us are waking up together, and I love feeling the love flow. While I’m no longer doing interviews or coaching, I always welcome new connections through Facebook! (Please feel free to connect with me on my Fan page and also on my personal page.) I also have a private group set up there for co-authors in our 365 Book Series. This is a great community and a wonderful way to connect with me, too!
Here’s to each of us following our inner voice…
P.S. – If you would like to read my professional bio, please click here.