Welcome to A Month of Gratitude!
Let’s commit to creating a daily gratitude practice!
Leave a comment below to let everyone know you’re in!
What Are You Grateful For?
We all know that gratitude is good for us. We all know that being appreciative makes us feel better. We all know that a daily gratitude practice would be a great addition to our days.
But…taking time to remember what we’re grateful for and being able to stay in this place of appreciation doesn’t always happen, right? We get so busy with “have tos” and “to dos” that we forget to be thankful for our life, our loved ones, our health, our spirit, etc.
I know that being grateful has the power to change lives. Here are some of the amazing benefits of gratitude:
- Change your life. Because our thoughts become our reality, when we focus on what we are thankful for, we attract into our lives positive people, things, and experiences.
- Boost your self esteem. Imagine that you woke up each morning, looked at yourself in the mirror, and said what you are grateful for about yourself. When you first start, you may find that it feels awkward or silly – you may even find that it’s painful and hard to find anything to say. But if you stick with it, eventually, you will find that your self esteem begins to soar, and you have a bit of spring to your step. You will start to see yourself in a positive light – all because of gratitude!
- Strengthen your relationships. Remember the last time someone complimented you? Remember how amazing you felt? You have the power to do this for every single person you see – your family members, acquaintances, and strangers, too! When you express your gratitude for them, their eyes will light up. Their day will be made! And they will feel so amazing that they will take that gratitude and share it with someone else. It will become a positive chain reaction that has the power to reach the entire world. How wonderful would that be? All because of gratitude!
I know that gratitude has become a bit of a buzz word. I know that it may seem to be everywhere, and you may be feeling a bit desensitized by it because of that. But… think about this: If it weren’t so powerful and if it wasn’t changing lives, it wouldn’t still be around. People would have forgotten about it and moved onto something new. It’s still here because it truly works. I know it for a fact. And I would love for each of us to join together this month and share our gratitude with each other!
I am having so much fun during our Month of Meditation that I wanted to keep the momentum going! We have created a community where we support each other, and I love that! So let’s continue that with a daily gratitude practice.
Let’s spend the next 28 days creating a habit of gratitude!
Let’s commit to doing at least one thing per day to show our gratitude.
It can be writing in a gratitude journal, telling someone how much we appreciate them, taking a moment to pat ourselves on the back for a job well done, etc. Anything that helps us express our appreciation!
We will also commit to coming back here and checking in.
This part is really important for a couple of reasons:
- It creates a community. We know that we are fully supported by others who are doing it, too!
- It holds us accountable. We want to make our daily gratitude practice a habit, and knowing that someone else is waiting for us to report back helps us remember to do it. It’s essential to do this for the first 28 days – that’s how long it takes to form a habit.
Be sure to click on the day of the month’s page to check in:
- June 1
- June 2
- June 3
- June 4
- June 5
- June 6
- June 7
- June 8
- June 9
- June 10
- June 11
- June 12
- June 13
- June 14
- June 15
- June 16
- June 17
- June 18
- June 19
- June 20
- June 21
- June 22
- June 23
- June 24
- June 25
- June 26
- June 27
- June 28
1. Read The Magic
I recently came across an amazing book. It’s called, The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. She also wrote The Secret and The Power, which I absolutely loved. The Magic is all about gratitude, which is the magic ingredient to manifesting our ideal life! And who wouldn’t want to do that?
The Magic consists of a 28-Day Program that offers new exercises each day – all based around gratitude. I’m going to base my gratitude practice around the exercises that are offered each day in this book, and I would love for you to join me!
2. Use A Gratitude Journal
I am a huge fan of journaling, and I think a gratitude journal is an essential part of starting a gratitude practice. If you would like to get one, I have two from our Soulful Journals series that I can recommend:
This gift set contains both journals!
Click on the photo to learn more and order!
Will you join me in committing to a daily gratitude practice this month?
If so, please comment below to let everyone know that you’re in. And then come back each day and comment that you did it (there will be a new post for each day). That’s it!
Remember, all you’re committing to is that you’ll take some time each day this month to share what you’re grateful for. (In any way that feels right for you.)
I can’t wait to see how our lives change throughout this month.
I’m so honored to share this journey with each of you and to be a part of such a beautiful gift – the gift of gratitude, appreciation, and giving thanks. I know that our lives will become fuller just by expressing our gratitude for each and every part of our life.
Thank you for joining me!
(Be sure to read the questions/FAQ below – if you have any other questions, please email me at: email@example.com.)
What if I already have a daily gratitude practice? Can I still participate?
Of course! I would encourage you extra to participate.
You could serve as our inspiration! You could chime in and share all of the wonderful ways that sharing your gratitude regularly has changed your life. You could let us know what worked for you when you were just starting out. You could cheer us on when we start to question whether this is really for us. You are definitely needed, and I do hope that you’ll participate!
What happens when the month is over?
When the month is over, I would love to have a conversation about what we learned about ourselves throughout this process. And then you can decide if you would like to continue with a daily gratitude practice. You can also use this month to try out different ways to express your gratitude and see which one feels the best for you.
I would LOVE that! Please put this artwork on your websites and link to this page. Please share that you’re participating in A Month of Gratitude on Soul Speak and would love for your friends to join you!
Here is the url to link to:
Here are some possible Facebook posts:
We’re joining together to share our gratitude every day this month! Please join us! http://www.jodichapman.com/a-month-of-gratitude/ (Please link to the Soul Speak fan page: http://www.facebook.com/jodilchapman)
I’ve committed to feeling grateful every single day this month! Want to join me? http://www.jodichapman.com/a-month-of-gratitude/ (Please link to the Soul Speak fan page: http://www.facebook.com/jodilchapman)
I joined a Month of Gratitude on Soul Speak, and I’m already feeling more grateful! Come join us! http://www.jodichapman.com/a-month-of-gratitude/ (Please link to the Soul Speak fan page: http://www.facebook.com/jodilchapman)
Here are some possible Tweets:
We’re joining together to share our gratitude every day this month! Please join us! http://www.jodichapman.com/a-month-of-gratitude/ @jodi_chapman
I’ve committed to feeling grateful every single day this month! Want to join me? http://www.jodichapman.com/a-month-of-gratitude/ @jodi_chapman
I joined a Month of Gratitude on Soul Speak, and I’m already feeling more grateful! Come join us! http://www.jodichapman.com/a-month-of-gratitude/ @jodi_chapman
Any other questions?
Please email them to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.